AMD Releases Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.3: Unified Vulkan 1.1 Driverby Nate Oh on March 20, 2018 9:00 AM EST
Today, AMD released Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.3, a general update pulling in Vulkan 1.1 support for the main driver branch, as well as bringing support for Sea of Thieves (full release today, 3/20/18) and A Way Out (3/23/18). In light of the Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition launch a couple weeks ago, 18.3.3 succeeds the low-key Final Fantasy XV specific 18.3.2 update released last week, as well as superseding the interim Radeon Software 18.2.3 with Vulkan 1.1 Support. Strictly speaking, many of AMD’s products were conformant with Vulkan 1.1 as early as last fall, according to the Khronos Group’s conformant products list, but 18.3.3 brings public support with the latest driver.
While Sea of Thieves is getting support for full release, the game has received AMD driver attention through its various early access periods. As for the third-person action-adventure A Way Out, brought through the indie game incubation program “EA Originals,” the title is built from the ground up for split-screen co-op mode. For AMD cards, EA and Hazelight Studios recommend the Radeon R9 290 and equivalent (1080p60 at High Settings), with Radeon HD 7750 2GB level performance as minimum (720p30 at Low Settings).
And as a quick recap of 18.3.2, the previous patch focused solely on Final Fantasy XV performance, AMD cited a 4% 1080p framerate increase with the Radeon RX Vega 64 and a 7% 1080p framerate increase on the Radeon RX 580 compared to 18.3.1.
Wrapping up this update, 18.3.3 addresses the following bugs:
- Forza Motorsport 7 may experience intermittent stutter during gameplay.
- Final Fantasy XV may experience flickering or disappearing objects during some gameplay in multi GPU enabled system configurations.
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 may experience a system hang on the initial splash screen in multi GPU enabled system configurations.
- [Fix introduced in 18.3.2] Final Fantasy XV may experience minor stutter during some particle effects.
- Some Radeon ReLive recorded clips may experience corruption or audio distortion when played back
In terms of new documented issues, only one new bug with Destiny 2 was added:
- Destiny 2 may experience long load times when the application has been open for extended periods of time
- Destiny 2 may experience an application hang in the mission “Heist” on some Radeon GCN 1.0 products.
- Resizing Radeon Settings may cause the window to intermittently stutter.
- A random system hang may be experienced after extended periods of use on system configurations using 12 GPUs for compute workloads.
- Radeon Overlay may intermittently fail to enable when toggled in some games.
- FFmpeg application may experience corrupted output for H264 video streams.
Elsewhere, Vulkan 1.1 support has been introduced in Radeon Pro Software Enterprise 18.Q1.1 for Linux, also released today.
The updated drivers for AMD’s desktop, mobile, and integrated GPUs are available through the Radeon Settings tab or online at the AMD driver download page. More information on these updates and further issues can be found in the respective Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.3 release notes.
Post Your CommentPlease log in or sign up to comment.
View All Comments
milliabest - Monday, December 14, 2020 - linkThe article is very interesting, I will thoroughly recommend it to my friends, let them also read it, is it really possible to earn money on the Internet and just get money even without professional skills? Yes, this is absolutely true, and all thanks to online slots, you can play for real money or just for free, so try
joeanderson - Wednesday, May 12, 2021 - linkI am using AMD’s Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020, Aside from new features, what most gamers look for in a driver, outside of stability, are performance improvements. To that end, AMD claims up to 12% improvement versus the Adrenalin 2019 edition launch driver across several titles using various settings. Feel free to visit us at https://www.delawarehvacpros.com/ for more details.
mileranda - Wednesday, November 17, 2021 - linkTo be honest, Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.3.3 is not the best release since there are way too many bugs were found. I would prefer not to update and wait for the next release. By the way, for everyone who can`t stand any bugs I can propose to test https://ulive.chat/fr/p website, which is full of interesting features like online streaming, gifts etc. And no bugs at all - that`s what really matters.
Jimbostatre - Monday, June 20, 2022 - linkPayday loans in texas are a great way to get quick cash when you need it. But before you take out a payday loan, you should know the pros and cons.Check this here https://bat.loans/texas-loans/